Pathfinder Educational Center
Liz Weiss-DeBoer, Principal
Pathfinder Center is a centralized Special Education Facility operated by St. Joseph County ISD. Pathfinder Center provides life skills training to eligible special education students age 3 – 26 years of age.
Students come from the nine local school districts that make up the St. Joseph County ISD. In addition to the Pathfinder Center, five off-site programs are also in operation throughout the county.
- All students should be given the opportunity to learn and succeed.
- The goal for each student is to reach his/her potential.
- All students have value, worth, and the right to be treated with respect and dignity.
- All students have the right to privacy, their opinion, and personal safety.
- All students have the right to have their individual needs addressed.
- All students have learning opportunities in a least-restrictive environment.
- Students learn in different ways and at different rates
- Learning is a lifelong process and occurs in many settings.
If you would like more information on Pathfinder Center or other programs offered, please contact Liz Weiss-DeBoer, Pathfinder Center Principal.