Parent Advisory Committee (PAC)
The St. Joseph County Parent Advisory Committee (PAC) can help you gain information to help you understand Special Education.
We are a group of parents whose children currently receive Special Education services in several different diagnostic categories and several different school districts throughout the county. Our function is to help parents understand special education regulations, help advise administration with the delivery of services, and to help parents settle differences in the delivery of services.
For more information on what PAC is and what PAC does, we encourage you to look at the St. Joseph County PAC letter which can be found under related documents below. We also encourage you to contact PAC members if you have any questions, comments, or concerns.
For more information, please contact Pam Panozzo-Jones, Executive Director of Special Education
Parent Advisory Committee (PAC) Goals
- To let you know that we exist.
- To increase your awareness of this committee and keep you informed of what we are working on.
- To take a more active role in monitoring, and evaluating programs, student and family needs.
- To offer invitations to students and parents who would like to come and speak at PAC meetings.
- To offer forums and in-service opportunities for students, parents, and service providers.
- To promote Special Education improvement.
- To be available to help parents improve communication with professionals involved with their child.