The St. Joseph County ISD Business Office offers assistance to schools in a variety of areas, collaborates with other ISD’s and local school districts, operates a $17.2 million dollar budget.
Some of the services provided are:
- Business office services for local school districts including payroll, accounts payable, accounts receivable, business manager’s services, and grant accounting.
- Assist with State reporting and data collection.
- Assist in coordinating state and federal projects.
- Provide statistical information.
- Collaborates with local schools to share ways to save money and to work together to consolidate services.
- Provide fiscal services for five local districts.
- Coordinate seven countywide Business Association Meetings.
- Participate in the State ISD Committee Meetings.
- Medicaid outreach and fee for service processing generating more than $700,000 in revenue countywide.
- AppliTrack job posting and applicant tracking consortium. Seven of the nine local school districts participate in the consortium.
- 403(b) compliance through the MRIC Consortium. All nine of the local districts and Glen Oaks Community College participate in this consortium and an ISD representative sits on the MRIC Board.